Friday, February 27, 2015

Nursing Diagnoses

This week I created a chart with 5 primary nursing diagnoses for a patient with asthma. Since this blog is created for a class in my nursing program, it makes sense why I am doing this. For those of you reading this who might not know, a nursing diagnosis is different than a medical diagnosis. Instead of looking at medical problems, a nursing diagnosis is a statement about actual or potential health problems or life situations. It can encompass health concerns, emotional concerns, resource concerns, and much more. For each diagnosis, read across the row to follow the flow: problem/diagnosis --> what it is related to or caused by --> outcome goals --> interventions/ways to carry out these goals. (P.S. Sorry my chart is not one solid picture. I struggle with technology.)







I received ideas from several sources, and some of them I thought of myself. My sources are listed below for further reference:

Elsevier Care Plan Index. (2012, January 1). Retrieved from http://www1.us.elsevierhealth.com/MERLIN/Gulanick/archive/Constructor/cpindex.html

Hockenberry, & Wilson. (2011). Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children (9th ed., pp. 1274-1278). Elsevier/Mosby.

Nurselabs. (2/11/12). 5 Bronchial Asthma Nursing Care Plans. http://nurseslabs.com/bronchial-asthma-nursing-care-plans/




No comments:

Post a Comment